Research and Evidence
Current research, evidence, and lessons learned inform implementation decisions.
What is it?
A comprehensive range of data, including current research, evidence and lessons learned, is collaboratively and systematically collected and analyzed for the benefit of all learners. This data is shared among all stakeholders and informs implementation planning and evaluation at the classroom, school, jurisdiction, school board and provincial levels.
Why is it important?
Student data that is comprehensive and balanced supports and strengthens implementation. When decisions about implementation are informed by current research and supported by evidence and lessons learned, implementation becomes meaningful, purposeful and focused on key priorities.
What does it look like?
Leaders look for evidence such as the following as current research, evidence and lessons learned inform implementation decisions:
- Existing data as well as current research, evidence and lessons learned are identified, collected and analyzed for current trends and implications. Data sources may include, but are not limited to environmental scans, consultations, interviews, needs assessments, surveys, literature reviews, case studies and student data.
- Student data should be comprehensive and balanced including measures that are qualitative and quantitative, cognitive and affective, and based on both classroom and external sources.
- Personnel responsible for managing (i.e., collecting, analyzing and disseminating) data are identified.
- Data is routinely and regularly shared among stakeholders.
- Decisions about implementation are informed by current research and supported by evidence and lessons learned.
- Evidence, research and lessons learned are clearly referenced in implementation plans.
- Formal and informal learning communities are in evidence (e.g., professional affiliations, subscriptions to professional journals, and participation at conferences, stakeholder meetings and other professional learning opportunities).
Download Research and Evidence template
Télécharger le gabarit de Recherche et prevue
Télécharger Conditions Essentielles